Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Countdown to Kimball!: The Big Reveal or, How The Circus Bear Nearly Crushed the Surprise !


YEEHAW!  Today is the day!  Today is the day of the big reveal to finally (yeah, I hear ya, you've been what I like to call "long suffering," and I do appreciate you indulging me), to finally let the cat out of the bag and show you all what Papa and I have awaiting Kimball's arrival and through which we hope to brainwash him into thinking we're pretty awesome! pretty rad! pretty wicked! pretty sick!  And all that rot! 

Actually, I had one more clue in the queue (ha!  that rhymes! and I just may be ADD), uh, uh, hmm, let's see, oh!  I had one more clue in the queue, but since Kimball will be TRAVELING ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY TOMORROW and probably won't be able to check in on this here bloggy thing, I decided to reveal the surprise tonight so he can see what is in store for him this summer.  

Honestly, now I really am worried that disappointment will be the result of the surprise not being a full-sized ferris wheel.  All of this anticipation may lead to a let down, and my silly little guessing game may backfire.  Ooh, let's hope that's not the case, cuz I have my heart set on Kimball thinking that I'm pretty sick.

Well, there's nothing left to do, but go for it!  Are you guys ready?  Are you ready, Kimball?  Okay dokey, buddy boy!  

Here!  You!  Go!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I know!  Right?!  Isn't she a beaut!  You guys were pretty clever to figure out my clues, especially since I handicapped you quite unintentionally with my lack of photography skillz.  Good job, everyone!  Good job, Kimball!

Okay.  I'm seriously testing your patience now, I can tell.  Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  If you're still with us and not off looking for a meat cleaver to throw through your computer screen, let's try this again.  Ready?  OKAY!  I know you're ready!  No need to shout.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*




Tada! Pretty sweet ride, eh?





What do you think?  Maybe I'll start a new trend:  
"Extreme Circus Bear Cycling for Suburban Moms!"


Listen up, all of you people who think I'm whack for getting a two-wheeler for three-year-old Kimball to ride, (yes, I'm lookin' at YOU!), don't get your knickers in a twist.  Indeed I do realize that there are no training wheels attached to this bike, you don't need to point that out.  I actually discovered that fact on my own--and, heh heh, don't think that spill didn't hurt!   Seriously, though.  Kimball can handle this.  I know he can.  Why?  Well, have you seen this?  That's our boy!


Kimball-Cam footage soon to come!  Thanks for playing along, guys!  You're the best!




*Don't worry.  Papa will be lowering the seat and the handlebars before Kimball has a chance to kill himself on this bike and then end up hating me for life.  That's not exactly what I'm gunning for here . . . .  

3 comments:

Emily Ann said...

Lucky Kimball! And btw, LOVE the white jacket. You did well Mama Sagers ;)

Jenni Elyse said...

Ha! Love the banana car! And, how fun for Kimball to have a bike at your place. I'm sure he'll have fun on those hills around your house!

Watson said...

This bike looks awesome! My five-year old is learning the old school way, but this bike may be a great purchase for my little one.looks super safe and she looks like she’s having a fun.