Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Little Red Is Comin' to Town!





You better watch out!  
You better not cry!  
You better not pout!  
I'm tellin' you why,
Little Red and his mama are comin' to town!
Pic taken at the SLC Airport in March after Ash and Kimball said their goodbyes to Elder Sagers.
Kimball was very, very pleased with the new headphones Papa gave to him.  
He looks like he should be piloting the plane, doesn't he?
BTW, it was super windy :o 

YEEHAW!  Ashley and Kimball will soon be here to spend the whole summer with us while Jordan is off to study the ends of the earth.  No, really.  I'm not even joking when I write that.  Jordan will be spending his summer living in what Wikipedia calls "one of the least explored, both geographically and culturally," countries in the world as he continues to pursue his Ph.D. in anthropology.  Whoooeee!  My hat is off to that guy, let me tell you!  The adventure in me goes only so far as, say, um, taking the back roads to the mall?

Meanwhile, I get to spend my days teaching Kimball the finer points of just generally messing around and trying not to get in trouble for it.  I KNOW!  Let the wild rumpus start!

Okay, guys, please excuse me for just a sec while I talk to Kimball.  Go ahead and listen in if you want.  Or talk amongst yourselves.  Whatev.

Hey, Kimball!  Yoohoo, Kimball!  Papa and I have a surprise which you will get to see when you arrive at our house!  I'm going to give you a little clue each day for the next few days, and I want to see if you (and our bloggity-blog friends, as well) can figure out what the surprise might be!  

Tune in tomorrow to see your very first clue!  The clues will start out kind of hard but don't worry--they'll get way easier with each day.  Are you excited?  Super excited?  Excellent!  See you back here tomorrow!  I hope that you bloggity-blog friends will humor me in this nonsense too.



Leavin' on a jet plane . . . 
But, they're coming back!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh de lolly! What a summer! And who noticed the wind in that pic...I was just looking at those killer arms of yours!

Jenni Elyse said...

How fun for you to have Ashley and Kimball for the summer! I'm excited to see them too!