Monday, June 04, 2012

This Simply Makes Me Happy

I just ADORE seeing homes and apartments that have a very welcoming front porch and a very welcoming front door and simply a very welcoming overall demeanor as if to say, "Howdy-do!  Come on in, ya'll!  Happy to have you here!" I especially like it when it is my own front porch and front door saying those things.


Notice those tattered and windswept daisies drooping so sadly from my front door in the pic below?  So, yeah.  They sure were cute when they were fresh and new and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but the blustery winds blew and blew at our front door, beating them into submission and making quite a sorry sight.  While that wind whipped those daisies around like a nobody's business, it made for kind of a creepy experience when the scraping and banging of those daisies was heard from inside of our house.  Something along the lines of this:


Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door
--Only this, and nothing more." 

Uh, huh.  It was those daisies tapping at my chamber door asking to be put out of their misery.  So, I granted their wish.   R.I.P., dear daisies.





I got crafty (read: went shopping with a small amount of crafting thrown in), and now I have this: 


We're back in business, boys and girls!  Howdy-do! Come on in, ya'll!  Happy to have you here!




*Just look at how well my Mother's Day flowerpots are filling in.  So lovely.  These and all of the other flowers given to me that day simply float my boat!  Seriously.


4 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Three things.

1. I love your new door wreath. Very cute.

2. I love your blue outfit! It's WAY cute!

3. I love your flowers! I love how big they've gotten.

Deon said...

Jeepers, thanks so much, Jenni!

Lisa said...

Oh my word, Deon. Great minds work alike....wait until you see my blog post tomorrow! Anyway, the most welcoming thing about your front door step is YOU! You are adorable.

Ashley said...

I like the polka-dot outfit!