Monday, July 09, 2012

F.R.I.D.A.Y. Reflection



Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.*




"Men have wasted away before it, not knowing if what they have seen is real, or even possible."
Albus Dumbledore 



Sean got all artsy-smartsy with this particular F.R.I.D.A.Y. photo op a few weeks ago, and instead of imposing on some tired and overworked busboy to take our pic, Sean used a mirror in the restaurant's lobby.  This pretty little twist to our normally staid and routine F.R.I.D.A.Y. photo almost blew Aldolpho's mind--are we a picture inside of a picture?  A photo in a mirror?  A reflection in a camera?  Kind of trippy.  Aldolpho may need to drink some hard herbal tea and lie down for a bit to think this one through. He may or may not have lost his mind after that one.  Sort of like what that "Inception" movie did to me and my feeble little mind . . . 
Mirror, mirror on the wall 




So, who was able to spy Aldolpho just hanging around at our previous F.R.I.D.A.Y. fa-la-la, trying to look all inconspicuous but failing spectacularly because of his day-glo orange hair?




*Reversing the inscription and rearranging the spaces produces this heading on the top of the Mirror of Erised: 

"I show not your face but your heart's desire." --J.K. Rowling






And, because inquiring minds wanted to know . . . 


1 comment:

Lisa said...

At last! A pic of those killer shoes! Your mirror shot reminds me of movies where they soften the close ups i.e. Doris Day for starters. Have you ever noticed that? I requested that feature when the film crew came to our house last Fall but no dice! Love the shoes, by the way.