Thursday, July 26, 2012

While the Cat Is Away, the Mice Shall Play (With the Cat's Scooter)!

It must be established here that the movie, "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" is among our family's favorites.  In fact, for most of us, I think it rates in our top five.  Paul!  Robert!  The quotable lines!  The music!  It is a masterpiece, I tell ya!  

There is one particular scene where that stud of a guy, Paul Newman (Butch Cassidy), does some crazy planking (a man ahead of his time) on a rickety bicycle ala this:


I would probably kiss the top of your head if you would take the time to watch the entire brilliantly-composed scene here.  Okay!  Did you watch it?  No?  If I promise to NOT kiss the top of your head, will you watch it now?  My feelings won't be hurt if you don't want the top of your noggin kissed by me, just watch the clip, right?! {Personally, I think one of the best moments in all of film history is at the 3:10 mark.  Yeow, Paul Newman!} 




Awesome. 


Alrighty, then.  You are now better prepared to understand why the little movie below just about blows my mind since it is chock full of so many of my loves.  It's got Seanie!  On Christian's awesome orange sherbet scooter!  Channeling Paul Newman!  And Kimball's tiny little voice in there somewhere!  Just get your buttered popcorn ready, and enjoy the impromptu surprise which Sean, without warning, let loose on us the other day:    


*It must be noted that the mouse has the cat's full permission to play with the cat's scooter while he is away :D

4 comments:

ckm said...

LOVE IT! I have a feeling my girls will want to try this stunt when they see this ... we have a couple of scooters for the girls to use going to and from work at the pools. I might try and convince Jenna to hold off on this stunt until she is out of her boot :)

Lindsay said...

seriously just made my day! i love butch cassidy and the sundance kid (i can thank my dad for that) and this is a pretty fantastic recreation of a stellar scene!

Kathleen said...

The cat will also be happy to know that his scooter is still in one piece after that little stunt. What is Kimball saying at the end of it?

Deon said...

Kat, Kimball says, "Der he is!" So fun!