Sunday, August 26, 2012

F.R.I.D.A.Y. Octet Plus One!


So our F.R.I.D.A.Y. attendance was stellar on this particular hoohah!  If you include Aldolpho (can you spot that cad in the pic below?), we had enough participants to form our own musical nonet!  I know.  I'm such a nerd.  Nonet.  Good grief.  Who says nonet?  Truth be told, we were really just an octet since one of our party of nine who shall go unnamed {it is me} possesses not a lick of musical talent and this person {it is me} has absolutely no right to be belting it out in public, thus causing embarrassment to him or herself {it is me}, as well as to the rest of the ersatz nonet.   So, in reality, an octet it was. (By the way, did you know that lip synching is awfully fun?  Not that I would know.  Except that I do know.  Unfortunately.)  

[Full disclosure:  There was no actual singing taking place but had there been, someone {me} would have put Milli Vanilli to complete and utter shame in the lip synching department.]
    

no·net

  
[noh-net]  Show IPA
noun Music .
1.
a group of nine performers or instruments.
2.
a composition for a nonet.



Kimball better watch out; Aldolpho is psyching himself up to dive-bomb right onto the top of little Kimball's noggin!






Were you guys looking at this picture thinking that Aldolpho and I had been banished to the "timeout-get-a-grip-it's-time-to-just-calm-down booth?"  You'd be wrong.  So, so wrong.  



Actually, we were merely practicing up for this maneuver, cuz you just never know when this particular skill set might come in handy dandy:


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Why on earth is Sean standing way off outside of the group? I am a bit perplexed by that. On a side note: cute shoes Dee!