Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday to My Culinary Idol!


HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY 
TO JULIA CHILD!


Remember this? Don't we look like quite the Julia wannabes!
{There's that darling boy of mine.  Have I mentioned how much I miss his happy little self?  
Give me strength, people.}


I just adore this woman!  Watch how Julia simply rolls with the punches as she ends up feeding David Letterman completely raw hamburger in the clip below.  She didn't miss a beat.  She is my hero!  Wish I could be that unflappable whenever I end up serving my family raw beef.  Whoa!  Uh, uh, just disregard that, guys.  Humina, humina, humina, er, um, raw beef?  Me?  You?  Heh, heh.  Oh, jeepers.  Busted again.



Revisit our other Julia Child loopiness here and here

3 comments:

ckm said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=80ZrUI7RNfI#!

You've got to hear this! I heard it on the radio today when her birthday was mentioned. I love it!

Lisa said...

awesome

Lindsay said...

i have a julia child quote hanging in my kitchen
"people who love to eat are always the best people"
wasn't she brilliant? she predicted my bestness
:)