Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let's Just Disregard Those Pesky "Requirements," Shall We?


My brain is rattling around in my head again, scheming up some new shenanigans for my family.  Uh-oh.  I think my family can already sense the urgent need to suddenly flee far, far away with the excuse of, ahem, "a prior engagement."  Truth be told, the fam's eye-rolling skills need a good workout, so I thought I would happily oblige.
  
What have I got up my sleeve, you say? 


Well, this sure ain't it. 




Neither is this.  Oh, you guys are so silly!  Which reminds me, does anyone remember the pushmi-pullyu from that horrid Dr. Doolittle movie starring warbley Anthony Newley?  If you haven't seen it, don't bother.  Seriously.  Yawn.





Uh, no.





Hot dog!  Now you're speakin' my language!  Isn't this the cat's meow?  The last time* we hopped upon one of these tandem bikes, I thought I was going to flat-out die of laughter.  I haven't had that much fun since that one time when I was in the fifth grade and my friend, Kathleen Oaks, and I were rolling around inside of a huge refrigerator box, and I ended up wetting my pants from laughing so hard. Ha, ha, just kidding!  Psst!  Not really kidding.  DO. NOT. TELL. 
                            

I'll be back with photo evidence of the latest in epic family shenanigans, so gear yourselves up for a good laugh at our expense!


In the meantime, I was perusing the website of the joint which will help me in my latest plot to once again spectacularly embarrass my family, and I noticed that not everyone is required to abide by those annoying rules designed to keep us from harm.  Huh. It seems like letting this little detail slide is just asking for trouble, but whatev.  BTW, what is that adage that people say?  Practice what you preach?  Who can spot the "oopsy daisy" in the screenshot below? 




















Did you spot the "jeepers, guys!" discrepancy?





*The ghosts of shenanigans past:
Sean, Christian--your hair!




Isn't this adorable?!  My mom was ALWAYS, ALWAYS up for some fun 
. . . and a good wipeout.





3 comments:

Lisa said...

There is so much happening this Fall: Courtney is coming home; Presidential election; Deon's new family shenanigans.

Beth said...

Tandem bikes are sooooo much fun! I love when we ride on ours (when I can convince Gwyl to get out and get some fresh air and exercise that is!)!!! I can't wait for the upcoming shenanigans!


BTW - helmets are only required if you are not in the beach bike advertising!

Deon said...

BINGO, Beth! You get a gold star on your forehead!