Friday, September 28, 2012

Y, As a Matter of Fact, Yes We Did!






I dragged Dave out on another one of my shenanigans the other evening.  

I made him hike the Y with me.

In response to those of you out there who are asking, "Why (or Y) would you do such a thing?"  My answer?  "Because it was there."  Boom goes the dynamite!

Dave and I took our sweet time getting to the top (liar, liar, pants on fire!), as we huffed and puffed and practically blew a gasket by reaching the tippy top of the Y (that part is important) in 35 minutes.  And, then?  And, then we laid down, right then and there, and gave up the ghost.







And now that we've safely made it to the top of the Y and safely back down, my response to the following quote is . . . REALLY?  YA THINK?!!!!!  Read on:

"If you climb a mountain for the first time and die on the descent, is it really a complete first ascent of the mountain? I am rather inclined to think personally that maybe it is quite important, the getting down, and the complete climb of a mountain is reaching the summit and getting safely to the bottom again." 
                                                   --Sir Edmund Hillary

Yeah.  Like Sir Ed, I'm also inclined to think that not dying on the descent is somewhat important.  Perhaps it might even fit more into the "extremely important" category as opposed to the "quite important" category.  Just my take.  


As I was descending, hoping to complete the entire summiting a mountain and getting safely to the bottom again deal, I was literally mincing!  Mincing, people!  With my feet!  Do you know what that looks like, mincing?  Think of someone taking tiny, teeny, teensy, itty, bitty baby steps so she doesn't experience this monstrous episode once again.  You guys!  That's all I could think of as I was descending from that big white Y.  By the way, that monstrous episode left me with quite the aethsetically pleasing accessory in the form of this:  





So, yeah.  There's that.  Hence, the mincing.

In any event!  Our 35 minutes up and 35,000 mincing steps down makes for a pretty great shenanigan, don't you think?






1 comment:

Jenni Elyse said...

Great job on hiking the Y. I'm really proud of Dave too, especially after his health scare in February. That's a hard hike! And, it's not fair that you look that good after hiking that far.