Tuesday, October 09, 2012

F.R.I.D.A.Y. and "The Jeffersons"



Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.


For those of you who lurk on Nick at Nite and may be familiar with that old sitcom, "The Jeffersons," you'll probably recognize these lyrics as coming from its theme song, and you'll probably hate me now because you won't be able to get that blasted song out of your head.  It's one of those songs that once it goes in one ear, it does NOT go out the other.  So, my sincere apologies.

Anyway!  I'm going to challenge ya'll to see if you can spot something* in this pic that would cause that blasted song to be running through my brain throughout our entire dinner.  Look.  Look hard.  Look really hard.  And, for those of you who have absolutely no idea in heaven what I'm gunning for here, well, you guys can focus on how perfectly we posed ourselves with the exact precision of synchronized swimmers.  Except for Aldolpho.  He was being a bit of a whiner and refused to comply.  Sometimes he can be such a drag.




What do you suppose the "Flavor-of-the-Day:  each" tastes like?  None of us tried it so we certainly could not say.  


*Helpful hint:  What was George Jefferson's nickname for his wife?


3 comments:

Beth said...

I know! I know!

I have to admit, I looked and looked and looked and didn't realize what I was looking for, until I read your hint! Yep! I'm just that old, I watched the series during it's first fun!

Deon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deon said...

Yay, Beth! I think you deserve a big bowl of pasta (hint, hint for anyone else still searching)!