Monday, October 29, 2012

The First Day of School or, The Day I Realized That I Was Dead Wrong

I was never one of those mothers who kept a wistful and concerned and loving look on her face as she sent her little kids off to the first day of school and then once the school bus was out of sight, turned to her fellow mother friends and did high fives and fist bumps and then planned the day's epic shopping spree.  No, that was not me.  

I was the mom who kept a stiff upper lip and an encouraging smile on my face as I sent my little kids off on that bus, and then once the bus was out of sight, turned to my fellow mom friends and collapsed into a mess-o-tears with an instant feeling of nausea and then asking, "Why me?  Lord in heaven, why me???"  

I simply love having my kids home with me.

I thought I was pretty much done with all of that, especially after sending Christian off on his mission and all.  Boy was I wrong.  Dead wrong.

This little man had his first day of preschool today.  Anybody got a shoulder I could cry on?








My best wishes and good luck to Ash if she happened to inherit my sappy and sentimental genes; Jordan, you too.  Keep a stiff upper lip there . . . .

3 comments:

Dave said...

Oh how it seems just like yesterday that we were doing the same thing with Ashley... What a beautiful boy and what great parents. I love the yellow boots!

Lisa said...

What an adorable little boy! And how grateful you all must be for his good health.

Ashley said...

So far, so good! I think he likes it. The rushed mornings are a bit of a shocker for him, I think. I guess that means earlier bedtimes for earlier mornings! Frankly, I'm happy for the 3.5 hours I can use for grocery shopping, cleaning, etc., but I'm glad he's not gone all day!