Monday, January 28, 2013

Ninety-Five

Today would be my mom's 95th birthday.  
Today is also the first time we will mark this day without her.
My admiration for her continues to grow.
My wonderment of her life continues to grow.
My utter love for her continues to grow.
Even as she is not physically here with me.
I am so grateful she is mine.
Forever.






*I don't recall ever seeing these precious photos of my mother and me nor this last where I am giving the camera quite the scowl.  My brother has worked diligently to take my dad's huge stash of old photo slides and converted hundreds of family photos into digital files for our family to treasure. And, what a treasure they are. Truly a treasure to me.



3 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Grandma! We sang Happy Birthday to you today. We love you!

Lisa said...

I absolutely adore the red sweater with pearls! It is something I would wear today! And I adore you mother. And you, of course.

Dave said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom on her birthday. I'm certain that she is smiling ear to ear and is proud as can be of her beautiful and thoughtful little girl all grown up. Both of you are the best!!