Monday, October 28, 2013

It Was an Awesome Missionary Kinda Day!

A couple of weeks ago, Dave and I had the fantastic opportunity to hear one of Christian's former missionary companions give his homecoming talk. The bonus was that I was able to meet three of the other Swedish mish-moms who have become perrrty much my best friends through our private Facebook page even though I had not met them. We are now 121 strong on that Facebook page, and I'll tell ya what, sometimes technology really can be a blessing.


This is Aldste Ririe. Christian was his last companion before Aldste Ririe returned home. I felt like I was shaking the hands of a quasi-celebrity as I shook the hand of one who shook the hand of Christian, haha! But seriously, I broke down and bawled like a baby when Aldste Ririe bore his testimony in Swedish because I pictured in my mind Christian doing the exact same thing, day in and day out, for the people of Sweden. 



Then we went from seeing Aldste Ririe to seeing this darling girl who had returned only three days prior from her mission in Canada before she had to report in church! Jamie is the daughter of Dave's brother, and she has a brother who is also serving! Missionaries a-go-go!




Christian and Jamie were in the MTC together, and Jamie sent us this awesome photo! The Sagers fam representin'!

It was an awesome missionary kinda day!

No comments: