Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Lovely, Enchanting, Charming, Loving Mom


Today marks my mom's 96th birthday.
I think about her so much.
I think of her every time I make her famous porcupine meatballs with orange gravy.
I think of her every time I sit down at my sewing machine.
I think of her whenever I see a beautiful Japanese flower arrangement.
I think of her whenever I am at a loss as to how to parent.
I think of her every time I hear "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."
I think of her every single day.
And oh, how I miss her.
And oh, how I love her.


Mom, Dad, and Baby Rexine, 1949



Mom with a flower arrangement she no doubt created herself, 1952





Mom with four of her own and two extras, 1960




Mom and Dad with their six children, 1965.
Her children became Mom's pride and joy.
We were her life.
Her universe revolved around us.
We are so blessed.

No comments: