Saturday, November 25, 2006

Uh, So Yeah. Can We Get Fries with That?

First let me tell you that I am not really mastering this blogging program. That's fairly obvious I think. As a result, the spacing and placement of pictures turns out all screwy and wrong. When you read the previous blog, "It's a Birthday Bonanza!" be sure to continue to scroll through the entire thing to the bottom or else you might miss something witty (yeah, right).

Anyway, I love reading the newspaper. Love it. For it is through reading the newspaper that I am assured that there are human beings out there who are dumber than me. Whew!

The latest in dumbness comes to us from a couple of guys in Boise, Idaho. (Shout out to the spud state!) These two guys are a couple of cards short of a full deck because, as reported in the Salt Lake Tribune, these two clucks decided to take a break from their jobs as ice-groomers for the city of Boise. Their empty stomachs were getting the better of them, and they decided to make a midnight run to the local Burger King . . . wait for it . . . yep--in a pair of Zambonis! An anonymous tipster reported seeing the two big machines chug through a Burger King drive-through and return to the rink around 12:30 a.m. The huge vehicles have a top speed of about 5 mph, and these two nuts drove about 1 1/2 miles to make their burger run and had to negotiate at least on traffic light. The result? They had their burgers AND got fired on the spot.

Even I wouldn't dare to attempt that.

No comments: