Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Not Listening . . .

I have my fingers in my ears, humming to myself, making sure I don't hear any of the Harry Potter spoilers floating around out there preceding the "official" (do you hear that New York Times???!!!!!) release of the seventh and final Harry Potter book. Apparently, some big egotistical editors at the New York Times thought it would be just dandy to publish a review of the new HP book before it is released for sale, stating that they bought it "legally." Uh huh. And I bet you always buckle up for safety and come to a complete stop at every stop sign too, don'tcha. As for me, I am itching to get my hands on that book (ahem, legally), but I will be in mourning when I've completed it, that's for sure.



Congratulations to Jordan H. on getting all five trivia questions correct on the July 12 quiz. Magic bars for you Mr. Trivia!!!

Let's all go out and have some butterbeer in anticipation of Saturday's hoopla!

BUTTERBEER (non alcoholic version)
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Place milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave again for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot, but not boiling. Remove milk from microwave. Place butterscotch chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and return to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour melted butterscotch into warmed milk. Blend with a hand mixer until well-combined and frothy. Pour into mugs and serve. Makes 3 servings.

No comments: