Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Turn My Back For Only a Few Years . . .

An interesting shift in the part of the universe called Utah County occurred since I last resided here. When I first noticed this very annoying oddity, it was via some preteen girls who were in our car pool. Initially, I was caught off guard and poked my fingers in my ears to make sure my auditory canals were not stuffed up with wax possibly causing me to hear craziness. But then I heard it again. And again. Even by adults. Even by educated adults. Two days ago a news anchor on the local television network let it loose. My eyes shot open wide and I said, "Wha . . .? Excuse me? Did I just hear that? I didn't just hear that, did I?" People: please, for the love of pete, stop pronouncing the "g" at the end of an "ing" word as "guh," as in, "Buffy, I totally love hanging-guh out at the Maverick Gas Station because the guys there are soooo hot and their trucks are so jacked up and amazing-guh!"

Thanks. I will forever be in your debt.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

I TOTALLY AGREE-UH with you-uh! Like, everybody-uh always says-uh the-uh 'uh' here after EVERY-uh word! Like, "NO-uh". Noah was a prophet, not a negative reply to a question...uh
haha-uh
Thanks Deon-uh!
:)

Deon said...

Oh my goodness Jacque--you are so right! That cracked me up:)

Jacque said...

We have YET to go to lunch....
We must go soon!