Okay. So I think I can actually write this post now without running the risk of shorting out my keyboard with my tears--tears of longing, but also tears of tremendous joy. After four months of waiting after receiving his call, Sean is finally off on his adventure to serve in the Honduras Comayaguela Mission! Taking him to the MTC and saying goodbye was, to say the least, heart wrenching and yet joyous at the same time. Sean is so ready for this mission, so prepared, so eager, so committed. I sigh in awe of the young man he has become. I sigh with much more than just a little bit of longing for him. I sigh with the pride of a mother watching her son be so obedient. And I sigh with thankfulness that I have the privilege of being his oh-so-lucky mom. .jpg)


.jpg)

.jpg)
Can I say it again? Just indulge me. I am so proud of Sean! I have and continue to learn so much from this boy. He is the embodiment of patience, tolerance, empathy, inclusion, good humor, concern and love for others. I truly sigh and weep at my blessing of being his, Ashley's and Christian's mother here on this earth. No one could be luckier than me.
Well, all of this sighing has brought to mind one of my favorite portions of one of my favorite movies. So now, I want you to do me a favor. Will you? Say yes. What? I can't hear you. Say yes. Say it out loud. Did you say it? Okay, so my favor is I want you to take a moment to watch the following video clip and sigh with me. Please enjoy.
5 comments:
Congratulations! You did it! I'm sure the next two years will fly by. I noticed that it's actually comical how short I am compared to Sean and Christian. Especially because I'm short and round. We just watched MAAN last month! That is one of my favorite parts too, but even better is the funny scene that follows. You should watch that too. Laughter is the best medicine!
Congratulations on raising such a wonderful boy! Reading your entry made me cry. I remember when Sean was just a baby and you and your family were visiting Grandma's house from Arizona. Sean was sitting in a high chair and you were feeding him and calling him Seanny Boy! I can't believe that so much time has already gone by. These next two years will fly by so quickly. And you will have a new grandson to fill a little bit of the void!
We love all of you guys!
Randy, Jen & Addison
How blessed we all are, to have such a fine young man represent us as a missionary! Sean will bring so much joy and happiness to the people he serves!
Wow Deon. I sure hope my kids grow up as great as yours are! You ARE such a great mom and a role model for us all. Congrats, good luck, and I'm sorry! All in one! 2 years will FLY by fast. Hang in there!
Post a Comment