Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Cookie Posse




The Cookie Posse took over my kitchen again the other day as we set to work making some very s-i-m-p-l-e cookies. I will post one of the recipes here. I like to call it "I Can't Believe It's A Cookie" because basically, I can't believe it's a cookie. I enlisted Christian and his friend, Shelby, to help with the crowd control and teach half of the group to make paper boxes while the other half was helping me make a mess, er, I mean make cookies. Yeah. That's it. We were making cookies, not a mess. What was I thinking? "That huge smear of chocolate on the floor? Oh, it's not a worry. Nothing that a little sandblasting won't clean off . . . " Then we switched groups and one group went tearing off into the basement leaving me to finish the cookies while the other group went tearing off into Christian's and Sean's rooms leaving Christian and Shelby to finish the boxes. Actually, the girls were very sweet, as were Christian and Shelby for helping me out.


I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S A COOKIE

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
Chocolate stars

Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg together in bowl using a wooden spoon. Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press chocolate star into center of each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes. Remove to wire rack.

7 comments:

Ellen James said...

I love your cookie posse! It sounds like you always have so much fun! Great recipe too, I'll have to try it with my kids... seems pretty simple. :)

Juliette said...

WOW, I can't believe that is a cookie either! It sure sounds simple and yummy, I will for sure have to try!

Unknown said...

How easy! I love baking, so you know I will totally be trying these cookies out!

Beth said...

Can I just come to your house and eat a cookie?

Anonymous said...

Where do you get chocolate stars? Do you get them as bulk candy?

Deon said...

Kat, someone else emailed me with the same question :-) So, the chocolate stars are actually made by Brachs. If you go to the candy isle of the grocery store and look for the bags of Brachs Bridge Mix or Brachs Chocolate Covered Peanuts, etc., you should be able to find the stars. The bags hold about 100 stars, and they are tasty just by themselves!

Beth said...

Brooklyn and I made your cookies! They were so yummy! I couldn't find the chocolate stars so we used Hershey Kisses instead!