Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twelve Down, Twelve to Go

(This photo is as old as the soda in that vending machine in the background, but it is the last I've received from my sweet Sean. Yeah, I know! I am dying, too! Absolutely dy-ink! Can't someone, anyone, run on down to Central America and snap a few for me? Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it.)

HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY
TO THE MOST AWESOMEST, HANDSOMEST, HUMBLEST, DEDICATEDEST,
DARLINGEST, WONDERFULEST, MAGNIFICENTEST, ENCREDIBLEST
MISSIONARY IN THE WORLD!
I ADORE THIS BOY!

What more can I say? If I do say more, I'll be mopping up the keyboard with Kleenex lest I electrocute myself with my own tears. Just don't get me started. Ask my family. They're always standing behind me making slashing motions across their throats, shaking their heads while mouthing "NO!", whenever anyone asks about Sean. Then they give up in defeat knowing that I can't be stopped. I'm on a roll talking and crying about my precious son then. And family prayer? Let's just say that when it is my turn to say it, the others just begin to talk amongst themselves right there in the middle of the "grateful for" part of the prayer because I get a little verklempt, and the prayer comes to a screeching halt. But let's be clear: I shed tears of joy, tears of pride, tears of love, immense love, unmeasurable love, a love that turns my insides out, a mother's dearest love, an unconditional love which no words could ever manage to define. That's why the tears. Now, seriously. I need a hanky.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I for one thought that went by very fast! I can't wait for one more year!!

JA and co. said...

My mom can definitely sympathize...we got pictures from Kyle once during his 2 year mission (and half of them were lost thanks to a lovely virus that apparently all Tahitian computers have). Congrats for making it through the first year, though, that's an exciting landmark for him!

Unknown said...

Just think, you are now on the down hill slide. Right now it is twelve months and soon, it will only be ELEVEN months!!! And before you even know it (with Christmas, Kimball's first birthday, my birthday) it will be "HE'S COMING HOME!!!" LOL

Lisa and Doug said...

It is really going to go fast now. Just you wait and see! I promise!

Beth said...

It really will go fast! Before you know it he will be back home and wishing he could go back for 2 more years!

The McDonald's said...

It's already been a year. Holy Cow!! That's awesome. He's going to be home before we know it.

Dave said...

It is hard for me to believe it has been a year already. Like you, I miss him dearly, but I know if time keeps passing this fast he will be home tomorrow!!! By the way, if he keeps losing weight at the rate he is, we may have to dig out his baby clothes so he'll have something to wear when he gets home :)