Another gift from heaven for me to study, scrutinize, and savor!
Hey! I think somebody's been pulling my leg about Seanie being in Honduras. Looks to me like he is livin' life large down in the red rock country of St. George right along with all of those other uber-tan retirees. My proof? Besides that tell-tale red dirt? See that twig structure in the background? (Click on pic to get a really good look.) I bet you think that it is a homemade soccer goal. Me too. At first. But then I began having my doubts as I was looking at it with the handy-dandy magnifying glass taken from my Hasbro Sherlock Holmes Super-Sneaky Sleuthing Kit for Boys and Girls, ages 12+. So now, I've totally done a 160. Or a 170. Whatever. So, no, that isn't a rickety soccer goal sticking up in the middle of some odd field. Nuh-uh. It's a LIMBO STICK! A limbo stick toward which those wild and crazy retired geezers of St. George flock after their big Saturday morning Bingo Blast. No wonder Sean has such a whittled-down waist.
Every limbo boy and girl
All around the limbo world
Gonna do the limbo rock
All around the limbo clock
Jack be limbo, Jack be quick
Jack go unda limbo stick
All around the limbo clock
Hey, let's do the limbo rock
Limbo lower now
Limbo lower now
How low can you go
GO, ELDER, GO!
8 comments:
Well, boy howdy, on further investigation I see that you are right. You will have to make the limbo part of your homecoming festivities!
It definitely looks like it could be a limbo stick because goals are much wider! ;)
He looks so good!
I think I might be able to pass under that stick. I'm not making any guaranties, but I'm just saying I might have a chance...
Deon,
I received a note from the mailman today that I have a package at the postoffice from YOU!! I am so excited to see what it could be! what a sweetie you are.
thanks ahead of time..
love,
liz
Hey Deon! Thanks so much for my “surprise” in the mail….(code... just in case those gaming regulators are trolling the internet!) Anyway, it was SO fun to get a treat in the mail. I now am a big fan of Cap’n Crunch! (they taste kind of “buttery”) Who knew?
And, as far as the delay in my getting the package, apparently the Post Office was hanging on to it, in what I think was a plot to get away with the loot. It was tough, but I was able to wrestle it away from the crank behind the counter. Here is a review from the Kuna-Melba News:
LOCAL WOMAN THWARTS FED PLOT
KUNA--Yesterday, in a move that rocked the city, a local woman had to go “postal” in order to retrieve a package. Elizabeth Beus, 53, strolled into the Post Office in Kuna to pick up a package. She had received a notice that her package was being held at the Post Office because she was “never home” when the postal worker tried to deliver it. (yeah, right) When she presented the Post Master with her receipt it became apparent that there was a plot to keep it away from her. Sophisticated x-ray equipment had revealed the contents and there appears to have been a plan to keep the contents of the package for the Annual Postal Christmas party. After several delays and much hemming and hawing, the package was located. Still reluctant to hand it over, Mrs. Beus had to mount the counter and rip it out of the hands of the postal worker, sparking a near riot. The FBI has been contacted and federal charges against the Post Office are pending. Mrs. Beus was escorted to her vehicle and was seen munching on something as she pulled out of the parking lot.
thanks again!!
much love,
liz
I am with Dave, I could probably pass under that limbo stick, but not if it went down any further. Sean is looking so good!
Oh my goodness, Liz! You are hoot and a holler! See why I sent you the, ahem, "surprise"???!!! You totally deserve the award! My only regret in this whole thing is that the USPS won't turn over to me the surveillance video which was taken the day you went to claim your package; I would have loved to have seen you "mount the counter" right there in broad daylight. Is that legal, mounting a counter?
Yes, I agree--buttery. And delish! I hope you enjoy!
Post a Comment