


One of the most wonderful characteristics which we have quite successfully fostered in our family is to support each other in one another's efforts, activities, accomplishments, etc. Last night was no exception. Sean, Christian and the other members of the band played a great show at Wooden House Pizza. (You were awesome, guys!) I was so pleased that Ashley and Jordan would take time out of their busy work/school lives to come support the boys in their performance. As I sat there watching Ashley and Jordan watching the band, I was reminded of the many choir and musical theater performances Ashley participated in during her four years at Naperville Central High School in Naperville. If I remember correctly, the whole family went to each of her events, and we were so happy to do so. I'm sure that most preteen boys would not care to sit through a musical production of say, "The Secret Garden," but our boys happily attended that, as well as many, many other shows and concerts to see their sister. That is part of being a loving, generous family. I am so happy that my kids love each other and have such a wonderful relationship with each other, for it is those relationships that will be among the most satisfying, comforting and enduring relationships of their lives. I always tell my kids, "Your friends will come and go, but your siblings will always be your siblings."
1 comment:
We were happy to come to the show! Great job guys! Let us know when the next one is.
Post a Comment