
It would be a huge understatement to say that he didn't absolutely and completely LOVE his bathtime, hence the pacifier. He was a trooper though, and once he was bundled in his little bear towel, he was up for the next challenge.
So, I have something to say about being a grandmama that hasn't really been voiced to me so far by other grandmamas. It is true what you all say that being a grandparent is the best of both worlds: Receiving all of the enjoyment and thrill of a new little baby but without all of the work and sleeplessness of a new little baby. True enough! Amen, sister! I love it! BUT!!! Listen up now! I have discovered in these last three weeks that I am equally moved by witnessing my own daughter grow so graciously and lovingly into the role of "mother." Why didn't you tell me how astounding that is? As I sat on the nursery floor today gazing on as Ashley sat in the rocker feeding her baby, I felt so much love for my little girl; a whole new type of love; a love of awe and a love of wonder at how my heart could possibly expand even more with love for her. It is nothing short of exquisite.
3 comments:
I have often wondered what it would be like to watch Addison with her 'real' babies. I get to see how she is with her dolls and she is so loving, kind and sharing with them, and it is kind of embarrassing to admit, but it makes me tear up a little bit.
Baby Kimball is so cute! I love his bear towel. Somebody is spoiled!!!
It is quite amazing to see the transformation from our precious daughters to the mother of our grandchildren! The cycle of life is so amazing!
Thanks for the sweet words! And thanks for all your help. We appreciate it SOOO much!
Post a Comment