Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kimball is My Hero!

I have been doing my "Dance of Joy"* ever since we were at the hospital on Monday and heard the heaven-sent news that Baby Kimball was going to be just great after hearing an erroneous misdiagnosis. Ashley wrote a beautiful post about the whole experience, describing everything much better than I could, so please go here to read about this extraordinary and amazing miracle.

Let me just add this much: The love I feel for Kimball is as great as if he were my own child! The generation jump means nothing in that regard. I'm sure you other grandparents will agree. And as Ashley's mom, I wanted nothing more than to take away the pain and agony from my little girl Ashley as we were in the depths of despair before learning that Kimball had been given a misdiagnosis. And likewise, it was so heartwrenching to watch both Ashley and Jordan cry that their deepest wish was to take upon themselves the trial we all thought was facing Kimball. They truly have the ultimate love of a parent for their child, just as I do for Ashley and Jordan, and just as I do for Kimball as his grandmama.

I don't think any of us will take each other's lives or love for granted. We have been so blessed, and I cannot say enough prayers of thanks or do enough "Dances of Joy" for all of the loves I have in my life. My thanks goes to each of you who have held us in your hearts and remembered us in your prayers.

*My silly "Dance of Joy" (prounounced 'dawnce') might be something of an embarrassment to my family, but they know that they have really made me happy when they see me workin' it!

7 comments:

Ellen James said...

Oh my goodness. I have been so worried about Kimball. I am so glad everything will be ok. Thank heavens. What a sweet, special boy. We will keep him in our prayers still.

Juliette said...

What good news and what a good reminder of what is the most important in life, family! I would love to see that "Dance of Joy", I bet you are workin it!

Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I was very touched by Ashley's post about Kimball. What great parents they are! We continue to pray for little Kimball and those watching over him.

Ashley said...

Cute little leprechaun! Thanks for all of your love and support!