Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Teacups, You Say?


(I'm not naming names, but for those of you who need to, double click on the article to make it larger . . . )

For a sociology assignment, Christian was required to write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper.  He knew his stance on the topic he chose would not be a popular one in our little community so ensconced in its own unique culture and way of doing things.  But, holy peacock, I am proud of my boy and his mature insight and understanding with an eye to his future and that which will ultimately be best for him.  (It is amazing how much a parent's rants about something will actually settle into the minds of her children if repeated often enough, say, maybe a gazillion times . . . .)


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Way to go! You must be a proud mama! I give major kudos to Christian for making a stance (even if it is un-popular). Nice job!

Lisa and Doug said...

This was so well written. Good for him!

Ashley said...

He is a great writer, isn't he?