Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ick

I heard some disturbing news the other day: A live-action feature-length movie based on "The Jetsons" cartoon is due to start filming in November. For the love of Pete, leave George Jetson and Jane-his-wife as they are, k? We don't need another cartoon-to-live-action disaster like that trainwreck, "Speed Racer." Wish I had that bubble that encloses Jane and vamps her up in about one one-hundredth of a second. That would leave me so much more time for important chores like Internet shopping and stuff . . .

5 comments:

Beth said...

I totally agree! Some things are better left the old fashioned way!

Unknown said...

Oh, I loved the cartoon as a kid!!! I don't know if the movie industry could even come close to imitating that kind of perfection that is "The Jetsons" (Imagine I said that in a sing-song voice)!

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh. I can't imagine George as an actual person. Can't we just leave cartoons alone and let them stay cartoons? Do we not remember the disaster that was the Flintstones movie?

Lisa and Doug said...

This is just wrong.

Ashley said...

I was going to mention that Flintstoes movie myself...ick!