


Christian had the awesome opportunity of going on Trek with about 450 of his closest friends. NOTE: I think "Trek" could be defined as one of the most unbelievably arduous, taxing, hot, cold, wet, exhausting, bug-filled three-day experience a youth could ever LOVE. And Christian did love it. I am so proud of my boy; he pulled his weight, was so helpful, so kind, and so reliable. His ma and pa said so. And they should know because they were with him morning, noon and night for those three days . And bless, bless, bless their hearts . . . because I sure couldn't have survived this. What? Are you kidding me? No, no. Not the part about being with Christian for three days--that I would be the first in line for. No, that other part. About no indoor plumbing and all that jazz. Yeah, that's the part. Anyway, isn't he such a darling pi-O-neer?!!! (Truth be told, Christian's journey didn't really start in Missouri, but interestingly enough, a pretty eclectic group of people do all hail from the "Show-Me State," including Brad Pitt, Rush Limbaugh, Eminem, Vincent Price, Phyllis Schlafly, Yogi Berra, Chuck Berry, Walter Cronkite, Walt Disney, and a bunch of other "Sure, I'll show-you!" types.)
4 comments:
I love the video! Congrats on completing trek, Christian!
Randy & I were a Ma and Pa a few years back (right after we were married) and it was SO hot and uncomfortable! I promised myself I would NEVER do it again! I don't know that I could have done what the pioneers did, but I'm grateful they did it! Congratulations Christian! They are hard work, but worth it
What a great experience! The small luxuries that we take for granted like . . . showers! We expect to be able to have running hot water at our fingertips and yet the pioneers left all of their comforts behind so that they could have the religious freedoms that we enjoy now! It sure makes you stop and think!
Post a Comment