Monday, January 19, 2009

Elder Sean!

Here are some pictures of my awesome Elder Sean. We received the first two photos from Sean's mission president just last week, accompanied by a lovely letter dated November 26, 2008. (I'm starting to figure out that the snail mail to and from Honduras is slower than molasses going uphill in January. Sean wrote in today's email that he finally received the Christmas package we put in the mail to him over a month ago.) But I don't care. I'm just glad to receive anything! (And praise the high heavens for email!) The third and fourth photos are some that Sean attached to his email last week. (Praise the high heavens for email again!) Doesn't he look so happy!!! !And that makes la mama' feliz tambien!


Above is Sean with his mission president, the mission president's wife, and a big bunch of happy missionaries!
Sean immediately felt an attachment and love for his mission president.
It is rather hard to see in the above photo, but barbed wire sits atop the wall surrounding Sean's house. Sean tells us that he and his companion are grateful to be in this new house because of the added security provided by the barbed wire. What?! Should I be worried??? I think Sean will be regarded as a spiritual giant as well as a physical giant among the lovely Honduran people!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sean looks very happy! His kind soul will be a great strength for him on his mission.

Lisa and Doug said...

He looks fabulous. Deon, have you thought about using dearelder.com. It is wonderful! It won't work for Sean sending to you but it will speed up your letters getting to him.

Lisa and Doug said...

Deon, You know DTA served there and he is wondering where Sean is assigned?

Unknown said...

No, I don't think you should be worried. I think that between the barbed wire and the Lord, they are pretty protected! :)
He looks so happy! I'm glad that he is enjoying what he is doing. From his emails, it sounds to me that they are very busy down there. Which, I'm sure, makes the mission all that more enjoyable!