And this, on the very same morning that Christian informed me that when he took his doo-doo covered shoe out to the back deck (that's a story for another time, but suffice it to say he drove home from the site of the doo-doo stepping while holding his shoe outside of the car for the entire trip; I didn't raise a hick, you know), where was I? . . . oh yeah . . . so Christian tells me this morning that while he was out doing doo-doo duty, he spotted a three-foot snake in our lawn!!! MAJOR FREAK OUT!!! I'm dying here, folks. Bugs, doo-doo and snakes all in one day--I have a feeling somebody is going to have some mighty wicked dreams for a few nights.
Do you want more horror? Only two days prior to the snake sighting, Baby Kimball was laughing and cooing and being his adorable self. On. our. grass. Ponder that one. Shiver me timbers.
(Christian declared, "That was a long snake! But pretty cool, though." Yeah. Whatever.)
(Oh. And in a sincere effort to mitigate my freak out, Dave told me to be grateful for the snake for it keeps the rat population down. Wha . . . ? wha . . . ? Yes, I am now officially CREEPED OUT.)
6 comments:
Snakes also eat those freaky bugs that you found in your flowers, and I don't think the snake would have tried to go near Kimball with his loud, intimidating family surrounding him! Just pretend that the bug was a dream and that Christian was lying... what you don't know won't hurt you!
P.S. Next time, Christian, you should try to take a picture! When you're hands aren't occupied by doo-doo shoes, that is.
You have your own primitive forest area. You never know what might creep up on your next backyard outing!!! LOL
BTW the grasshopper probably didn't eat much while in your kitchen.
Sounds like a zoo at your house! I only have monkeys!
Sounds like you need a mongoose! Snakes may eat the bugs and such, but a mongoose will eat the snake, and rats! Plus, it'll curl up with you at night. =) I wonder if you could find Riki Tiki Tavi in the phone book? And hate to burst your bubble--snakes would go towards a small child. Sorry! =) I'd be calling an exterminator quickly. But that's just me. Your flowers look pretty though! Nice job D!
LOL! I was in the middle of reading this post and had to step outside to take a phone call. While I was sitting on my new deck gazing into my new flower beds, I noticed a little baby grasshopper sitting on one of the leaves. I laughed! Hopefully though, I won't see a 3 foot long snake in my garden!
Post a Comment