Friday, August 07, 2009

Proofreaders? Nah, Who Needs 'Em?

(Click to enlarge)


Does anyone else notice the mild irony of a newspaper running an article spotlighting one of its own reporters who is being nationally recognized as " . . . representing the best of our craft [newspaper reporting] . . . " but is being given the short shrift by his own kind? And it's not like this headline is minuscule; just look at the size of that typeface. Glaring. Glaring is a good vocabulary word which comes in handy at a time like this. Well, I'm sure the reporter's mother must be very proud of him even if his editor isn't so much.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I figured most reporters were short sighted, I just didn't figure in near sighted! Buy that proofer some glasses!

Unknown said...

What I don't understand is: Do they not have spell check on the nifty little computers they type their articles on?