Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bubbly Baby Boy



Bubble Photo Shoot
***
Taken on location at Grandmama's
Photographed by Christian using a Nikon D80 Camera
Shoot concept, bubble blowing, and baby wrangling by Deon
Editing by Christian and Deon
Absolute adorableness by Kimball
***
Come now, does it get much more precious than this?


***

Which do you suppose will burst first--
bubble or baby?
***


A few more pics from the afternoon . . .




After you click on this photograph to enlarge it,
look on the right side of the photo to see small remnants of a popped bubble.
Beautiful job, Christian.


(Kimball ended up with so much soap in his hair from the bubbles that I imagine Ashley was somewhat puzzled when she washed Kimball's hair later that night and watched in alarm as he suddenly sprouted a soapy afro after she poured water on his little head. Sorry, Ash. Now you know. It may also explain why Kimball had little thought bubbles coming out of his mouth and hovering above his head when he babbled . . . .)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What? When? How? Are those framed in your house? I want to see! How come he has his eyes closed in every picture? Silly kid. I should buy some bubbles for him. I definitely never noticed any soap in his hair. Those are great pictures, Christian!

Ashley said...

P.S. I know! It's like the magical poppies that put you to sleeep, like in the Wizard of Oz, only they're bubbles. And, check out the strange heptagons in the fourth to last picture.

Deon said...

Yep, Ash. I do have those photos in my house; I wanted to get them blown up and framed before I showed them to you. Isn't your baby boy the cutest you've ever seen?!!!

Kimball has his eyes closed in the photos because the afternoon sun was absolutely boring holes through his eyeballs--BRIGHT! I was a little nervous that he was getting too much sun on his lily white skin, so we kept the session short, although Christian managed to take about 100 photos. He basically held down the button and let 'er rip. Fast trigger finger and all that . . .

Deon said...

P.S. And those strange heptagons? No photoshopping there. That's just the way the bubbles translated to the photo. Cool.

Unknown said...

I think Christian has his calling. Family photographer. Great job guys. Let me know when you have time in your schedule for Addison's photo shoot! LOL

Beth said...

There is never anything better than a baby, tiny bubbles and a grandma! My favorite!

JA and co. said...

I LOVE those first few pictures...they’re so cute!  I also love his chubby cheeks...there ain’t  nothing cuter.