Thursday, June 18, 2009

She Might As Well Take Advantage of the Family Discount Perk!




After Ashley saw Kimball in all of his glory where he was "Puttin' on the Ritz," she decided it was time to revisit her own piano skills and take a refresher course. (Ashley took lessons for almost ten years before she declared, "enough!" without my say-so, btw.) As you witnessed in the video from my previous post, Ashley obviously passed on her talent to her offspring. She is now the student once again.

In the photos below, we see Kimball teaching Ashley the finer points of being a concert pianist, chief among them: possessing nerves of steel, exhibiting a flamboyant personality and sporting a dry diaper. Kimball even demonstrated a technique not usually seen on the stages of the world's premier concert halls, a technique Kimball calls, "toeing."

I think Ashley got her money's worth out of her session; you should have seen her "toeing" by the end of her $150/half-hour lesson! Aw, what a shame that my camera batteries konked out at that exact moment. Wouldn't you just know it? :[

3 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

The toeing technique will definitely get him to Carnegie Hall!

Unknown said...

What a little stud! Is he available for lessons? I think both Addi and I could stand to learn a few things!

Beth said...

Piano playing seems to be the favorite past time for little tykes! My little princesses having learned the toeing technique yet! But I'm am sure Addi will give it a try after watching Kimball!