Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mr. Blue Sky

Changes are a-comin'. In a very few short weeks one of my very best friends is moving on and moving out.

Christian will be leaving to live on campus as he attends a semester at BYU prior to serving an LDS mission for two years. Oh my, oh my. I'm a bundle of mixed emotions and conflicting desires. I wish he could stay. I want him to go. I wish I could be with him every single day. I want him to grow and become independent. I wish I could forever hang on to his coattails. I want him to break free and achieve his enormous potential. It's a complete mash-up, if you want to know the plain truth of it all.

The title of Christian's high school senior video, "Mr. Blue Sky," perfectly captures his nature--so positive, so cheerful, so full of hope that things will always work out, so happy, so forward thinking, so trusting in the goodness of others, so solid in his knowledge that God is in charge of all. Mr. Blue Skies--in living color. Can you see why I cherish this boy?! Oh, how I love him!!!

Christian really is one of my very, very best friends. And, I'm quite certain that I'm one of his. (He even told me so. That's how I know.)

6 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

wow! that was awesome! thanks for sharing....I am in the same boat..my baby is going to college. tough, ain't it??

we'll just have to keep each other company over the cyber space!!

love,
liz

Deon said...

Liz, you feel my pain! And, I'll always be your cyber buddy!

ckm said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel ... my best friend is at BYU too ... I didn't want her amazing senior year to end, yet I was excited for her to experience another chapter.
I love the pictures!!! I recognize the younger Naperville Christian. What a handsome young man. I look forward to her sweet texts and fb messages.
Love the video ... what program do you use?

PS - My Jules comes home on Friday!!! Only to leave 2 weeks later ...

Melissa said...

He is one in a million. I only know a handful of people in this world with his talent and passion for life. And I say all of that only knowing his grown-up years via blog entries. I love your posts on him - and your pride as his Momma.

Hugs!!

Lisa said...

I must admit I have a little tear taking this all in. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do....letting go of my children. Sending lots of love your way.

Emily Ann said...

Oh this was extraordinary! Totally worth me searching throughout all of your old blog posts to find this gem! I miss that boy dearly! He is so talented. Geez! Share some with the rest of us, will you?! Haha!