Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Thank Goodness!




Last year, I was inspired by my sis-in-law, Beth, who blogged about her Thanksgiving jar. I modified the idea a bit and came up with this messy concoction, which we sent to Sean after Thanksgiving Day:

The rule was that each day during November everyone in the family needed to write one thing for which they were thankful. I also made it a requirement for any guest who entered our home to do the same. (Yup. You have to really, really want to come to our house cuz I make people pay big time for the privilege! Ha!)



Because reading all of these blessings each day during November of last year gave me such a yippy-skippy feeling inside, I decided to do a repeat/redux/reboot this year. And so it begins:


Your turn. C'mon. Although you're not physically in my house, you are in my house, if you get my drift. Let's hear it from you guys! Finish this sentence: Today I am thankful for ______. You'll make me feel yippy-skippy if you play along, soooooo . . . ready, set, go!

10 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

... the opportunity to learn and go to school.

Alison said...

...nap time!

Kathleen said...

being able to cook!

Lisa said...

wonderful children who have become amazing adults.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Today I am thankful for ...gosh...just about everything! But especially that the Republicans are going to take the house! (I have been praying for THAT for a long time)

J, A & A said...

shoes. Definitely shoes.

Melissa said...

My calling. It teaches and humbles me on a daily basis.

The Morris Family said...

...eternal families! And also babies that smile and coo :)

Lindsay said...

the best job ever!

Ashley said...

A roof over my head, and a cozy, safe home to call my own.