Neither spoken nor written words can even begin to accurately convey the feelings of pure gratitude mixed with sorrow that we are experiencing right now after the tragic bus accident involving the American Fork High School Marching Band. We will be eternally grateful for the safety of our sweet Christian as he rode on the bus which was immediately behind the bus which crashed. The idea of "what could have happened . . . " is almost too horrific to contemplate just yet--if ever. And the sorrow we feel is a sorrow for those who are left without their friend, daughter, sister, teacher, Heather Christensen.
But I do believe in miracles.
And I do believe in guardian angels.
I do believe in a God who watches over all.
I will be thanking my Heavenly Father every single day for the life of my son.
*Below is an amateur video of the Pocatello performance--the very performance the band completed only an hour or so before the accident. In the foreground, you can see Heather Christensen on the right wearing a dark jacket watching her woodwinds do exactly what she taught them to do. (As an aside, Sean worked with Ms. Christensen as he played the bass clarinet in the marching band and in the wind symphony during his high school years.) Watch the whole show if you have a few minutes. Although the video isn't the greatest, the performance is quite moving, especially at the very end where our country's fallen solders are honored. Christian is one of the five quad drummers and is the second drummer from the left.
You can read more about the accident here.
5 comments:
Deon, our hearts go out to you and all the others who were affected by this accident. Devon were stuck in traffic and saw the accident and as soon as I found out it was the marching band my heart started racing and I was shaking cuz I was so scared. I didn't calm down until my Dad called us back and told us Christian was o.k. I am sorry for the loss of his teacher but am so grateful he is o.k. Hugs and Kisses to all
How very sad! And yet, what a great example to the students at American Fork! Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this trying time.
Oh, Deon...this news did not reach Illinois and some times stories like this do cross state boundaries. I can't imagine the emotions you feel. Hug that boy tight. So glad he is safe. Love to all.
Yes, we are so glad that Christian is OK! I think the band was very brave for marching so well on Tuesday.
My parents were here this weekend and my mom remembered that Jason had cousins in that marching band so she asked me if they were on the buses. I'm so happy I was able to tell her that he's okay! That's such a sad story...we're all grateful that Christian didn't get hurt.
Post a Comment