(Click to get a really good look at this handsome, handsome boy)
In last week's letter, Sean writes:
"Well since you asked... yes I would like to ask you to send me something vía the mail service. Can you send me 5 or 6 white shirts with the collar size 15 or 15.5? My shirts now fit me like a circus tent (gotta love his way with words) and so it would be nice to wear shirts that fit. Short sleeves and extra tall would be fine if it's not too much trouble to ask. And if you want to try to send pants, that would be nice too because I am now more or less a size 36/32 and my old pants... well they were a lot bigger. I bought some new pants here but I don't trust the Honduran stitching to last for more than three or four months. I know I ask a lot and if you can't send this stuff don't worry about it. I am just happy to read your letters, hear about the big events in your lives, and learn from your examples of righteousness. I love you all so much, and I send you all a great big abrazo . . . ."And a great big "abrazo" back to you, Seanie!
Okay. So, you know how you cherish even more those things that don't come in abundance or that don't come to you very often? I have literally poured over this photo of Sean, checking out the roadside, the signage, the grass, Sean's watch, his water bottle, that unfamiliar tie, the way Sean's collar is gaping with so much extra room that a small pony could gallop right down into the front of his shirt without even leaving any hoof prints . . .Even though it is only one photo, it is a tender mercy, nonetheless. And I am grateful.
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! The family resemblance! He is looking great! I can't believe he's been gone so long. I can completely relate to pouring over pictures as they come. If you can, frame it -- it won't wear and tear as much. =)
Haha! The first thing I thought when I saw Sean's photo was "gosh, that kid is so skinny!". He almost doesn't look like a Blaser anymore! LOL
I am glad to get his emails each week and am even more glad to know that he is doing well! Please send him our love!
What a handsome kid! And what a sweet letter. I am sure he is an awesome missionary!
Yay, I was so happy to get a picture! He looks gooood!
I would definitely enlarge this photo! He looks fab! How great to see him.
He looks so very handsome! What a great example he is to the rest of us!
Post a Comment