I hope the octo-legged widow who thought she could share the bathtub with me today is very content now that she is in a "much better place" and reunited with her eternal companion once more. I didn't take the time for polite and/or idle chit-chat so I'm not 100 percent positive that she was actually a widow, but she sure had that widow-ish look about her when I scooped, dumped, flushed and offered a little prayer over her porcelain grave. And, if she really was the type of widow I suspect she was, she was never really separated from her eternal companion in the first place because she undoubtedly consumed her sweetheart in two quick bites and a lick, thus keeping him with her always.
Mmmm. So sweet.
And, sentimental me? I say, happy trails to you and yours! Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
Here is a photo of the Widow Latrodectus in her glory days. I think I caught her given name as Annabelle Something-or-other. Annabelle L-l-l-l . . . . Oh, yeah, I remember. It was Annabelle Lecter. I think she's some sort of relation to Anthony Hopkins perhaps?
8 comments:
Why? Why did you have to show a picture! I know have the hebejebe's. Ugh! :)
Seriously?
Yuck! I hope you flushed a couple of times just to make sure that little sweetie was gone!
you tickle my funny bone!
IN THE TUB??!!
Blech!
YUCK!!! I probably would have freaked out and refused to go back into my house if I came face to face with that! Kudos to you for flushing that spider all by yourself. I hope that you bought yourself a nice pair of shoes as therapy after that! :)
I would have dropped heavy book on her in the bathtub, and then left it there until Jordan came home and could remove the mess. I had a harrowing experience with a spider who was on Kimball's crib the other night when I went to check on him. Snakes? Ok, though please not in my house. Spiders? DEFINITELY NOT!
OH, and how could I forget a few days later when I woke up in the morning and saw one skittering across my comforter. I flailed and it landed somewhere on the floor. It was probably an hour later when I went to retrieve an article of clothing on the floor to put on when I saw it on the clothing I had just picked up! Again, much flailing and losing of spider. If I could just keep my cool, I could find and kill the darn things.
Haha! Ash, your encounters with the spiders are pretty freaky! Just last week, I had the same thing happen to me as you did with your comforter. I was actually sitting up reading in bed when a spider came straight down and landed in my lap! WAAAAAAHHHHH! The newspapers and comforter and sheets and pillows went flying everywhere! Believe me, I did not rest until I found that spider and squished it, but good! I hate spiders!
Post a Comment