Tuesday, March 29, 2011

R.I.P., Mrs. Latrodectus


I hope the octo-legged widow who thought she could share the bathtub with me today is very content now that she is in a "much better place" and reunited with her eternal companion once more. I didn't take the time for polite and/or idle chit-chat so I'm not 100 percent positive that she was actually a widow, but she sure had that widow-ish look about her when I scooped, dumped, flushed and offered a little prayer over her porcelain grave. And, if she really was the type of widow I suspect she was, she was never really separated from her eternal companion in the first place because she undoubtedly consumed her sweetheart in two quick bites and a lick, thus keeping him with her always.

Mmmm. So sweet.

And, sentimental me? I say, happy trails to you and yours! Don't let the door hit you on your way out!




Here is a photo of the Widow Latrodectus in her glory days. I think I caught her given name as Annabelle Something-or-other. Annabelle L-l-l-l . . . . Oh, yeah, I remember. It was Annabelle Lecter. I think she's some sort of relation to Anthony Hopkins perhaps?

8 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Why? Why did you have to show a picture! I know have the hebejebe's. Ugh! :)

Lisa said...

Seriously?

Beth said...

Yuck! I hope you flushed a couple of times just to make sure that little sweetie was gone!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

you tickle my funny bone!

Melissa said...

IN THE TUB??!!



Blech!

Jen said...

YUCK!!! I probably would have freaked out and refused to go back into my house if I came face to face with that! Kudos to you for flushing that spider all by yourself. I hope that you bought yourself a nice pair of shoes as therapy after that! :)

Ashley said...

I would have dropped heavy book on her in the bathtub, and then left it there until Jordan came home and could remove the mess. I had a harrowing experience with a spider who was on Kimball's crib the other night when I went to check on him. Snakes? Ok, though please not in my house. Spiders? DEFINITELY NOT!

OH, and how could I forget a few days later when I woke up in the morning and saw one skittering across my comforter. I flailed and it landed somewhere on the floor. It was probably an hour later when I went to retrieve an article of clothing on the floor to put on when I saw it on the clothing I had just picked up! Again, much flailing and losing of spider. If I could just keep my cool, I could find and kill the darn things.

Deon said...

Haha! Ash, your encounters with the spiders are pretty freaky! Just last week, I had the same thing happen to me as you did with your comforter. I was actually sitting up reading in bed when a spider came straight down and landed in my lap! WAAAAAAHHHHH! The newspapers and comforter and sheets and pillows went flying everywhere! Believe me, I did not rest until I found that spider and squished it, but good! I hate spiders!